Attending a convention, whether it is within your home state or thousands of miles away, can come with hefty shipping costs. From display tables and podiums to printed banner stands and trade show displays, all promotional items must be shipped to your expo destination. This can result in freight charges that are simply beyond what you are willing to spend to get your supplies to your convention site. Don’t get stuck overpaying for your drayage! Smart and careful planning can help you substantially minimize your shipping costs for your next business convention.
- Ship in Bulk: Utilizing compact promotional tools that take up minimal space when not in use enables you to ship your stands in bulk. This saves you money on shipping each trade show display or banner stand separately. Displays like X-Frame Banner Stands and retractable table banners can be condensed when not assembled and can therefore often be shipped with multiple stands in the same shipping box or tube.
- Utilize Lightweight Displays: Most freight companies charge by the size and weight of your shipment so the lighter your advertising displays, the more you save on shipping expenses! Many pull up banners, desktop displays, table throws and custom flags feature manageable weights. But, be careful—you don’t want to sacrifice the quality of your displays to achieve cheaper freight costs! Your free-standing banner stands and booth backdrops should be sturdy enough to not easily topple over or be knocked to the ground on a high-traffic trade show floor.
- Send Directly to Convention or Hotel: When you purchase your displays and printed signage from the manufacturer or printer, they will ask you where you want your order to be sent. Many exhibitors have their displays delivered to their home or office and then are left reeling when they have to pay to ship the stands to the convention site as well. That’s double the shipping expenses! When timed correctly, you can have your trade show displays and accessories shipped directly to your hotel or expo site within the allotted time frame that the facility allows. Check with your trade show destination first and inquire how far in advance they allow packages to arrive before the show starts.
- Ship Early=Skip Expedited Shipping Charges: With hotel and travel accommodations to sort out, staff training to complete and promotional tools to print, sometimes ordering the displays that you plan to use in your booth gets accidentally put on hold. Purchasing your banner stands, feather flags, pop up fabric banners and any other displays a month or so before the convention starts ensures that you won’t be left paying those pesky expedited shipping costs, like 2-day and next day options, that can quickly add up.
- Carry-On All You Can: If your marketing display is portable and compact enough to be considered a carry-on when you board your flight, take advantage of not having to pay to check the display case or ship it to your trade show. Be sure to check with your specific airlines about the restrictions and rules they have about carry-on items before you purchase your displays or arrive at the airport to avoid any miscommunications.
- Go Paperless: Lugging box after box stuffed with hundreds of your company’s catalogs, brochures or company literature can easily rack up a substantial amount of freight expenses. Instead, utilize interactive technology like a few lightweight iPads or electronic devices so that attendees can peruse your complete product line or order process directly on your website while at your booth instead of rifling through dense catalogs.
- Ship Directly to Next Expo: If you are a regular trade show exhibitor with a jam-packed schedule, don’t bother shipping your displays and booth to your home or office after one show is completed. If the timing is appropriate, ship your banners and promotional signage directly to your next expo to decrease your shipping costs.
TRT Banners has a wide selection of lightweight and portable retractable displays, vinyl banners, pop up backdrops, table throws and more that can substantially cut your trade show shipping costs. We also offer a standard 48 hour turnaround time after proof approval on all custom orders without a cent going to rush charges. Contact us today to see how we can save you money!